It’s Real Nappy Week, so we’ve asked our friends at Baba+Boo to share their top tips on why you should try reusable cloth nappies - and we’ve also got a fab competition to WIN a bundle of 3 Baba+Boo reusable nappies of your choice!
“At Baba+Boo we make reusable cloth nappies that are bang on trend and better for babies’ bums, plus they’re super easy to use – scout’s honour! So stop spending your hard-earned cash and try some beautiful soft cloth nappies…
“If thoughts of inconvenience around washing, scrubbing and drying come into your mind, banish them now! We believe cloth nappies should be viewed like bibs: they are just as simple to use and care for. And like bibs, you don’t need to use them all the time. We’re all for mixing and matching nappies to suit your day/lifestyle/childcare situation. Baba+Boo’s top tips to get you started:
• Do between disposables and cloth until you get used to them. A good way to start is use cloth at home until you get your confidence up (that won’t take long).
• . Even if you use them full time, it’s usually only an extra wash a week and what mum would notice that – when is a mum’s washing machine ever off?
• Do a little online research to see if your local council have any trial schemes or offer any incentives such as cashback. , where you can try one and if you don’t get on with it, we will refund you 70% of the purchase price within two months. We like you to give it a really good try as we are so confident you will like them.
• Don’t be overcome by the amount of information about cloth nappies if you start looking into them - it can be a little daunting. Try thinking of them as a disposable that you put in the washing machine rather than the bin, it really is as simple as that.
• Do holler if you get stuck. , and mums who use cloth nappies are more than willing to share their experiences and offer advice.
• Don’t be put off if they leak at first, this is normal while you get the fit right on your baby. Babies come in all shapes and sizes so .
Once you’ve decided to give cloth nappies a try you’ll have another major decision to make – which of our funky Baba + Boo designs to try first!”
Love Baba+Boo x
And if you’re still a bit baffled, Baba+ Boo have a guide to getting started with cloth nappies, which you can find here.