Putting children first is what we do daily here at Water Babies. But with so many inequalities in society, like growing obesity rates, worsening mental health, increased poverty and more, we can’t just cover our eyes and pretend it’s not happening. We want to do more for all the children out there, not just the ones that swim with us.
Our vision here at Water Babies is a world where the physical and emotional development of every child is fully supported and nurtured from birth.
That's why, politics in the best interest of our children is not a nice to have, it’s an absolute must. We feel so passionately about this and know you will too.
What we’ll drive our Children's Alliance campaign to achieve:
- Champion the importance of our children
- Improve their physical and mental health
- Push equality and inclusiveness
- Inspire the potential of the next generations
Some stats that we know you’ll be as alarmed about, as we are:
- 1 in 4 children will be in absolute poverty by end of next parliament (Source: Institute for Fiscal Studies, 2018)
- Only 42% of primary school children know how to swim
(Source: The ASA, 2012)
- Nearly a third of children aged 2 to 15 are overweight or obese
(Source: Health and Social Care Information Centre Health Survey for England 2014)
- 1 in 10 Children between 5-16 years old (3 in every classroom) have a diagnosable mental health condition (Source: APPG Report on a fit & healthy childhood)
Join us in our fight for the future; our children at www.childrensalliance.org.uk